Currently running for the Supreme Court in the Ninth Judicial District, Judge Christi J. Acker brings to the bench almost 25 years of legal experience as a town judge, court attorney, and litigator. Judge Acker is presently serving her 10th year as Town Justice for the town of Pine Plains in Dutchess County, having won election for three consecutive terms—each time running on both the Republican and Democratic lines. She has also been employed for the last 16 years as a Principal Court Attorney to County Court/Acting Supreme Court Justice James T. Rooney in Putnam County. Prior to this, Acker was engaged as a litigator in private practice, appearing in all levels of courts across the Ninth Judicial District. She has also worked part-time for the Putnam County Department of Social Services, where she prosecuted cases involving the abuse and neglect of children.
Throughout her legal career, Christi has worked hard to ensure that all participants in the legal process have a voice. As a judge and a law clerk, she knows the importance of giving all litigants an opportunity to be heard, so that a fair and impartial decision can be made.
- 2008–present: Town Justice for the Town of Pine Plains
- 2001–present: Principal Court Attorney to County Court/Acting Supreme Court Justice
- 1992–2001: Law Offices of Charles J. Acker & Christi J. Acker
- 1997–2001: Associate Counsel, Putnam County Department of Social Services
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D. 1992
- College of the Holy Cross, Honors Program, B.A. 1989
- University of Fribourg, Switzerland 1987–1988
Professional Associations and Community Activities
- Dutchess County Magistrates Association (former President, Vice President, and Secretary)
- Putnam County Bar Association (Current President and longtime board member)
- New York State Magistrates Association
- Dutchess County Bar Association
- Mid-Hudson Women's Bar Association
- NYS Unified Court System Surrogate's Court Exam Writing Committee
- Volunteer Judge for New York State Bar Association Mock Trials
- Former Co-Chair of Pine Plains Conservation Advisory Committee
- “Crime Panel” Lecturer at Pine Plains High School
- “Community Leader” for Pine Plains School District Superintendent Interviews
- Former member of the Brewster Lions Club
Married for 19 years; homeowner in Dutchess County since 1998; lifelong resident of the Mid-Hudson Valley, including attending grammar school in Putnam County and public high school in Northern Westchester County.